Sunday 23 January 2022

Senator Mumad: Here Is My Journey And Why Mandera Deserves Better

By Senator Mumad

My public service journey has been long and fulfilling. I first joined the Public Service  as a civil engineer, then served as Resident Engineer, range water, North Eastern Province. From there I became the North Eastern Provincial Water Engineer and then promoted to become the head of Division at the Ministry of Water Development. I was seconded to the National Water Conservation and Pipeline CorporationI where I served as the Chief Engineer. Later on I was privileged to be appointed Ambassador of Kenya to the Arab Republic of Egypt with accreditation to Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco and Eritrea. Thereafter, I served as a Permanent Secretary in the ministries of Regional Development, Home Affairs and Roads and Public Works. 

 I took an early retirement in 2007 and sought an elective post as MP for Mandera West where I served for two consecutive terms. During my first term as MP Mandera West, I also served as an Assistant Minister for Energy. 

 In 2017, I opted to run for the Senator of Mandera County where I am now serving. I owe my success to Allah and I am deeply grateful to the people of Mandera who  have been part of my journey throughout. I have now decided to offer myself as a gubernatorial candidate for Mandera. I have the experience, knowledge, competence and requisite network among the communities in Mandera to best fit this position.

No comments:

Post a Comment